Geelong Grammar School (GGS) was founded in 1855 as an independent Anglican co-educational boarding and day school. The present-day school is set up on a 245-hectare site on the edge of Corio Bay.
In 1953, GGS established Timbertop, a remote campus in the foothills of the Victorian Alps to expose the School's Year 9 students to intellectual, physical and emotional challenges under demanding environmental conditions.
The School became co-educational in the early 1970s, preparing students for the dynamic of the modern world through enabling boys and girls to live and learn together. It is now Australia's largest co-educational boarding school.
Spread across four campuses, it has a non-selective enrolment policy and approximately 1,500 students from Early Learning to Year 12, including more than 800 boarders.
50 Biddlecombe Avenue, Corio, Victoria, Australia, 3214